Friday, May 31, 2013

The Good Life

Just another gorgeous, beautiful, wonderful, life-filled day covering the farm while Chris is on vacation. I couldn't resist taking a million pictures, although by the time I thought to pull out the camera we were already through goats, sheep, bunnies, baby calf, and soon-to-be-momma pig, (not to mention restraining a cow for antibiotics in the eye and sterilizing the milking machinery this morning!) so there's a lot more scenery in this round than animals. :) It's hard to believe that not even two years ago we were arriving at the farm for introductions and scared to go in the cow pasture. It didn't take long for the Andersons to win a permanent position in our "extended family" and it certainly didn't take long for us to learn the ropes. We may be old pros by now, but we'll never take it for granted. There's always something new to learn, always something different to do, and always always *so* much beauty everywhere you look. One day, I'll be putting up pictures of our own farm. For now, here's another round of our adopted farm life. :)

Poor Ace is shedding absolute handfuls of fur in great big piles everywhere. The kids thought they would help him out with a nice brushing. :) I couldn't get Caiden to take pictures, but Rebecca got a ride all over the property in thanks when they were done. :)






My favorite handlebars in the world.  
And the field I'm using those handlebars to zoom through. Most of the time we keep up a sedate pace with multiple children perched all over the ATV on their various seats. But every once in a while, nobody wants to go on the ride with me. And that's just fine too. :D



The buckets are still too heavy for him to carry on his own. But he *really* likes to feed the animals. So I'm allowed to help carry. 



Watering the piggies.









It is *always* Easter morning in the chicken coop. Every. Time.






Depositing the eggs safely into the kitchen. It's a very rare occasion these days if they break one.





Checked the bees again today and they're all holding steady. Two out of four hives are still in need of a little extra help though, so tomorrow I'll be suiting up to re-fill the sugar feeders and make sure all my beloved bee babies don't starve. 

Pile of chicks. :)


Getting the creamery set for milking in the morning. Milking is still one of the only chores we don't take care of. It happens at 5:30 in the morning. Um. Yeah. So Emma does that when Chris is out of town. And then we come over, clean the machinery, and set up for the next day's milking. 






Loading the dishwasher. They are just absolutely master helpers these days. I barely need to give instruction. Proud Momma right here.


No comments:

Post a Comment