Thursday, October 4, 2012

Meet the Newest Webbers!

Ever since Leah the gerbil ran away in May and Laura was eaten by accident in August, we've been feeling a little lonely! Parakeets and fish are very nice, but they aren't exactly snuggly. We've been hunting around, trying to decide between hamsters, gerbils, or guinea pigs but couldn't quite seem to find the right fit.

Well, Auntie was in Evie's class the other day when she noticed just how MANY chinchillas they have and thought to ask the teacher if they actually *wanted* that many. Turns out, she was definitely looking for homes for some and offered us a mother/daughter pair with their full setup for free. I've spent the last couple of days studying up on chinchilla care, and today we went up to the school to meet them and bring them home. The kids are Over The Moon and we are all looking forward to getting to know and love our new friends. 

This is Anabelle, the Mommy. She has been officially designated Caiden's. She's about two years old, and since chinchillas can live to be twenty, still very young! 

And this is Clara, the daughter. She is noticeably smaller than her Mommy, since at just six months old she still has a lot of growing to do! Officially Rebecca's.

This is the biggest setup we've had yet! I don't know where their permanent home will be but for the moment they are in a corner of the living room where we can feel like they are part of the family. I've been feeling the need to move some furniture recently and finding just the right spot for the girls will give me the perfect excuse.  :D

1 comment:

  1. May I just say I appreciate your tactful gentle-ness in the way you mentioned the whole "accidentally eaten" incident. WHAT a bad kitty. I still can't believe he ate her!

    ReplyDelete