Monday, October 8, 2012

Little Scattering

I've been truly terrible with keeping up on the blog the last few months, so here's a little scattering of what we've been up to: 

Fall is here! Truly my favorite season for many reasons, but primarily because I get all nostalgic and emotional in advance of the holidays. Something about the crispness in the air, snuggling under a blanket on a windy day, and all kinds of pie....   :)   I got so excited this year that I went and made us a fall wreath (for $4!) and hung it up on a 90 degree day before August was even officially over. It's much more appropriate now that the leaves are changing and the nights are *cold*. The kids and I are now engaged in a nightly dance where they slam the windows shut and throw the blankets off...while Mommy shoves the windows OPEN and the blankets ON! We've since added ghosts and a Halloween door decoration to spice up the mundane "just another apartment entry" feel, but I don't have a picture so you'll just have to imagine. :)

We took a trip to OMSI right before school started, since we figured trips would be few and far between for a while. In the ENTIRE museum, this is the place they love the most. You don't even have to pay to get in this section, and I swear they'd take the entire hour drive JUST to see the "ball machine". 

OMSI, re-routing the river...kind of like we do at the beach every time we go. :)

Here's Caiden using his "magner-fie-um" glass....

This cracked me up. I swear to you, fifteen years or so from now, this scene will repeat. "So Jack, tell me about college! How are you settling in?" 

Since she's going to school now, she's All Grown Up. And she KNOWS what grown-ups do. They drink coffee. We've compromised on decaf, only on Saturday and Sunday mornings. So now she gets up on the weekends and makes her coffee all by herself and sits there sipping on it for about 5 hours or so....   :)

This is right next to the park near our house. Looks like they are putting in an entire new subdivision. It's a veritable heaven of every kind of truck you ever imagined, all working at the same time. Every couple of days we go over to check on their progress. The men have gotten so used to seeing us, they shoot Caiden a wave now when he shows up at the fence. :)

Neskowin. Love Love Love Neskowin!

One thing you do have to watch out for at Neskowin is alligators in the water. They generally come in pairs and they sneak up on you while giggling.  :P

Also being buried alive. It happens often at this beach!

Yet another picture that will be going on my framed wall. 


It wasn't enough for her to go to school and start drinking coffee, she had to lose her first tooth too! I swear this girl is growing up so fast....I finally understand when people say, "Don't blink or they'll be moving out."
  
Getting to know the chinchillas. Here is Anabelle submitting to an early morning snuggle session. 


Just the other day the fish surprised us with babies! It was a VERY emotional day for Rebecca. She was totally taken off-guard by their birth, because we had absolutely no expectation that the fish was even pregnant! Rebecca was over the moon for all of about 20 seconds, gushing about how cute and unexpected they were, when one got sucked up the filter! And then another started to get chased by Mom & Dad for a snack. Needless to say, hysterics ensued. We made it through an emergency run to PetCo, sobbing ALL the way through the store, and stocked up on everything you need to keep baby fishies alive. They've made it an entire 3 days now and are already looking bigger.  :D

Yesterday we went to Auntie's to harvest the popcorn we planted in the spring. Caiden was a TROOPER! I don't know how he found the muscle for it, but he worked those clippers through the ENTIRE patch...all the way to about 10 stalks or so left over when he Just Couldn't Chop One More. 

Everyone else was on peeling duty. These corn are amazingly beautiful. Each one was like opening a surprise present...you had NO idea what combination of beautiful colors was going to be inside.

My favorite.

Running out of steam. I had a couple more great corn pictures, but my phone ate them. :(  We also had homemade cider donuts that Auntie made, and planned for next week's pumpkin picking trip.  

So, as you can see, we've been busy as anything, I just haven't had the time to get on the computer and fill everyone in!  Here's to a great fall season for all our friends and family! Get out there and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment