So, I finally had enough of the kids messy bedroom and started cleaning it up this afternoon. The kids sit dutifully on their beds and listen to my very cranky and long-winded lecture about how living in a mess is not good for your mood or your general state of mind. I finally look up and stop talking long enough to see the blown-away amazement on both of their faces and ask, "WHAT?" Caiden tells me (with Rebecca nodding vigorously in agreement):
"We didn't know we act like craps because we live in a crap! That's very good to know. I'm glad you're cleaning up the crap for me, Momma. I really don't feel like it. I don't mind crap. But YOU mind when I act like a crap, so go ahead. You may clean my room and we will ALL feel better."
I think my lecture needs some tweaking.
No comments:
Post a Comment