Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sweet Oregon Berry Co.

A big thanks to Bobby who kindly alluded to the fact that all has been *rather* quiet over here....at least according to the blog!  Here is your reward: 

Pictures of our trip to the Sweet Oregon Berry Co. which was *awesome*!

So funny because it's all corn & pumpkins this direction, but if I turned a 180 I'd be staring at the sort-of highway.

Boys are headed for the red tractor parked ON the front of the store!

You could see his guts.  SO freakin' cool!

This is the absolutely enormous play area to the left of the farm stand.  Literally *all* the awesome I am posting was in this area, which was *totally* enclosed by a fence!  HOORAY!!!

Bag of goat food big enough for 3 children to all feed goats and feel like they had enough?   $1!

Hay mountain on top, mazes inside!





This is the platform you can climb up to and feed the goats who climbed across tiny little wooden pathways to get here.  They were pretty insistent. They KNEW this was the feeding spot!







From the middle of all the fun, you can keep an eye on the pumpkins and watch the tractor go round and round.




This donkey was SO authentic with his noises, including squeaky door, rusty hinge, and loose floorboard.



Can you SEE the kids on the left running with all their hearts toward the slide?  Just want you to get the proper perspective of How Freaking Big this slide is!!!

From the bottom

Jack hustling to catch up before we go down without him!!!




From the top...there is Auntie waiting for us waaaaaaaaay at the bottom




I have video of the kids coming down screaming like fools and loving every minute....but I have to figure out how to upload video.   :)

This is the enclosure with the pre-picked pumpkins.  We were waiting for the potty, so thought we'd take a look.

He did a couple of laps at top speed while he waited.

TRACTOR RIDE!!!!




I have no idea what Caiden's face is about. I swear he was having the time of his life.  The little girl to the left is Lucy from playgroup.


We're moving!




Very muddy road.

We got to ride *right* next to the train tracks for a while!

Corn maze!  We skipped out this time....NONE of the kids were going in there!

Pumpkins!


Ghost squash hanging from the hollow tree

I'm really trying to let him exercise his independence and get further from me than he's used to being allowed.

Hollow tree.  I seriously climbed in there.  Then the guy handed all 3 kids in. And we fit.  If you want to see hilarious, ask Melissa to post the picture she took of me getting stuck on my way back out...


From inside the tree


Heading out to pick and pumpkin.  I told them they could have whichever pumpkin they liked the best in the whole entire field.  Rebecca was looking for tall & skinny.  Caiden was looking for short & fat.  But they both wanted BIG.


Here is Jack hunting for one the right size so he can carry it himself.   :)

I swear she found the biggest one in the whole field.

Back on the tractor ride.  Can you see that Caiden's is short & fat?  I thought this was such a smart solution to the fact that NONE of the pumpkins were really short & fat enough to suit him.  So he just tipped his on it's side!






It was such a nice day we are thinking of going back on Saturday!  Only $3 to get in and you can do everything!  I didn't even post half of what was there, because we couldn't cover it all in one trip.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment