Saturday, November 2, 2013

Passing It Down

Some of my most peaceful childhood memories involve sitting on the couch next to my Mom with my Ma-mere in the rocking chair both knitting away for what felt like hours with quiet conversation swirling as their projects grew and grew. My mom taught me to knit when I was 13 and in the last few years I've found a lot of peace and satisfaction from getting back to it. Rebecca loves to sit next to me quietly and watch and this week she asked if I could teach her because she really wants to make a scarf for her brother. I warned her that it might be a lot harder than she thinks....but oh my goodness this child just blew my socks off. 

I'm not usually the overly emotional type, but I was definitely tearing up this morning. It's hard to explain the satisfaction as a mother of seeing something so small on the one hand, but so meaningful as a skill that brings joy and accomplishment pass down to another generation. 

She's SO GOOD AT THIS!!!

Here's a video: 


No comments:

Post a Comment