Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pancake breakfast at the Fire Station!

Today was the pancake breakfast at the fire station in the center of town. The kids have been anxiously waiting for the last THREE MONTHS to see the signs go up announcing it. We saw the signs go up last Monday and Caiden has started every morning since asking how many more days until "pancake day". *Finally* today was the day and it was everything he was hoping for and more. You get to stand in line inside the firehouse next to all the firemen's equipment lined up at the ready (and even sneak a hand out to caress the boots and helmets), be served by actual firemen who cooked the breakfast for you themselves, sit at tables set up where the trucks are usually parked inside the building, check out *all* the fire trucks, climb all over them, and get a ride up and down the main street of town with a real-life fireman driving. I'm surprised his head didn't explode. Here's the pictures!


She had already had two eggs at home. When we got there she had an enormous pancake and a slab of ham. As soon as we got home, she demanded lunch! Oh, if only I could have her metabolism back!

He, on the other hand, was so excited and distracted I had to revert to a couple of years ago and just keep placing the fork of food in front of his mouth. I'm not sure he was ever aware that he was eating at all. :)


She wore her boots on purpose so she could "match" the firemen!





Screaming about "Get out the way! Here I am coming to the rescue! WHOOOOO-HOOOOOOOO-WHOOOOOOO!!!!! GET OUT THE WAY!!!!!!"




Waiting for our turn to ride. 

She got to sit up front! She talked that fireman's ear off the ENTIRE ride. 


<3  <3  <3  Look at the joy!


He was bouncing so hard he kept sliding off the seat. I literally had to hold him down. :)


He clanged that bell With Every Ounce Of Energy He Has. 


"Eeeeew Mom! They forgot to clean off the under parts of their truck!"

Yes, about ten seconds after I took this picture he had disappeared entirely under the truck. I was right on the edge of pulling him out by his ankle when he backed up and took off running to see the ambulances. 

Rebecca wore down on the whole adventure after about two hours. I'm sure he would have stayed ALL day. But I bribed him with a trip to get Halloween decorations and we did manage to actually walk away from the fire trucks, hollering over his shoulder the entire time, "Goodbye my fire trucks! I love you!!!!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment