Sunday, July 14, 2013

Coast

95 in the valley? Time to head to the coast!!!



  





This is the very beginning of a princess castle. I should have taken a picture when it was done, it had tunnels and a moat and everything! But my phone was low on battery so I shut it off for a while and by the time I turned it back on again we were on to something else. 



No idea what this thing is. About 3-4 inches long. It was already dead when we found it so we pulled it out of the water for inspection. It looked much more shark-ish in person. 

Caiden drew a car in the sand. 

See that little house way up on the hill hiding by itself with an ocean-side view? One day I will own it.  :)

  
Playing in the growing river as the tide comes in around Proposal Rock. 




  
They must have run across it over 50 times. 

And up and down the length at least 15. 



You KNOW it's been an exhausting weekend when Rebecca falls asleep in the car! She NEVER and I mean NEVER falls asleep in the car. She'd rather lose her head.

Thought I had lucked out there for just a second. Can you imagine? Home at 6:30 and BOTH children asleep???

He was faking.

That isn't sunburn in the last picture by the way, just a bit of flush from riding in the AC-less car. Kids arrived home exhausted and covered in sand, but without a spot of red anywhere. Beach success!

I, on the other hand, need a personal attendant to follow me around and remind me that when sunscreen goes on the children it should go on MOM TOO!




No comments:

Post a Comment