Friday, January 25, 2013

Daredevil

Just came around the corner to find Caiden balanced up at the top of a tower consisting of a turned-over tub on top of his stool on top of my exercise machine. All precariously balanced, including him on the tippy, tippy top. Of course, I let slip, "Oh my goodness!" before I could catch myself and casually toss out there, "Whatcha doin' buddy?" He was not fooled.

He gave me his most sweetly innocent smile and said with a *definite* sense of pride, "You know all my surprises, Momma. I've been think think thinking until I thought this up and it worked! You were REALLY surprised that time, Momma!"

I do NOT know what I am going to do with this child when he gets it in his head to leap off the roof, or scale the barn, or dear-lord-help-me when he gets old enough to meet a girl he thinks he needs to impress!


No comments:

Post a Comment