The kids have a LOT of stuffed animals which go through an astonishing amount of abuse on a daily basis. There are jungle riots, dinosaur attacks, shark-ridden tub waters, I could go on and on. So, the last few weekends I've been conducting a small-animal clinic and stitching our beloveds back together. Most of the time while I'm stitching, Rebecca is hovering over my left ear, wringing her hands and exclaiming about whether they will live, and how much pain they might be in? Well, I guess she soaked up some sewing knowledge in the midst of her anxiety because today she decided to try her own hand at it and LOOK AT HOW AMAZING SHE DID!!!!! I did help a little, but only a Very Little. I threaded the needle while she held it still, and I tied the string back on itself so it wouldn't keep coming off the needle. After that, I mostly held the dolphin still and gave advice on whether a stitch was far enough over or not. She did the rest. I am ridiculously, old-fashionedly, frontier-style proud of my little lady beginning to learn the womanly arts. :D

No comments:
Post a Comment