Thursday, November 8, 2012

Parent Conference!

One more "first" has come and gone! Tonight we had our very first parent conference, and I am one proud Momma! 

I've noticed so many improvements since Rebecca started school in everything from her focus and attention, to her reading ability, to the fact that she is writing sentences now, but it was so wonderful to hear it from her teacher because after all, I'm the Mom and I'm easily impressed when it comes to my own kids.  :)

Of course, every parent conference contains the "what can your child improve" portion, and in this case it was really hard not to laugh. As Mrs. Coy put it (with a smirk), "Rebecca does a wonderful job *illustrating* her writing journal but..." and then proceeded to show us *several* papers with elaborate crayon drawings, and a few scattered letters tapering off to nothing because she ran out of time to do any writing after all that coloring.

Adorable. 

Here's a picture of her very first report card ever, and I'll admit to being just a little ridiculously over-excited to start a little file for all the report cards to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment