Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Little Humor Goes a Long Way

So this afternoon I'm in the kitchen simultaneously making beef stew, baking bread, cleaning up the kitchen and looking over my bills for the next month. And Rebecca Will Not Stop popping in with the most random questions you've ever heard...

Rebecca: Momma, do ostriches eat fish?
Me: I don't know, honey.

30 seconds later,
Rebecca: Momma, where does a groundhog live when he's not looking for his shadow?
Me: I don't know...a hole?

3 minutes later, 
Rebecca: Momma, do opossums get a headache when they hang upside down?
Me: I don't know, honey. 

1 minute later, 
Rebecca: Momma, what does measles and chickenpox at the same time LOOK like?
Me: I DON'T KNOW, REBECCA!

Rebecca: Momma, I'm going to go around that corner now and then I'm going to come back. This is to give you a chance to turn on your BRAIN.

And just as I was getting ready to snap her curious little head off, I catch the glint of humor in her eye. 

Of course, Caiden came running to see what Momma and Rebecca were rolling around laughing their heads off over and then we all had a nice break while I put my "boring grown-up stuff" on hold and consulted the Grand Google. 

In case you were wondering: 

1) Yes, ostriches eat fish. But it is not their favorite. 
2) Groundhogs DO live in a hole. 
3) We still don't know about opossum headaches. But we all agree that they're so damn ugly, if they get one, they deserve it.  :)
4) Measles and chickenpox at the same time looks Absolutely Downright Horrifying. 

:D



No comments:

Post a Comment