Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Backwards Buddy

Sitting with Caiden at bedtime tonight, he tells me he learned ALL about Indians in school today. So I ask him to tell me what he knows: 

"A long, long time ago before anybody was borned yet, the Indians came from far, far away on boats. And it was a long journey (that means take a trip, Mom!) and they were tired and hungry and they had no place to live. A very nice boy named John Smith came from the woods and he taught them how to build a house, and catch a fish, and grow a corn. They were very thankful (that means have a full tummy, Mom!) and so they had a party for John Smith and feeded him a fish and a corn. And that's how Indians came to America (that's where we live Mom!) and that's all I know about Indians, which is a lot."

I wonder how surprised he'll be when he learns it was all the other way around???

1 comment: