Saturday, July 7, 2012

Happy Belated 4th of July!

This year for the 4th, we went over to a friends house for a fireworks party in the cul-de-sac. I wasn't fast enough on the draw to find a good spot to see fireworks in the sky, but we had an absolute blast at Gen's and next year I'm looking in to a local rodeo with fireworks! Most of the excitement and fun for us this time around was just playing around with fireworks and setting them off ourselves. So much fun to live in a state where this is legal! 


Kicking off the party with a round of popsicles. 



Trying to get them to pose....yeah right!

Uncle Alex is setting up the Very First One of the night...nobody knows what to expect. I love all the covered ears from the big kids, and how Evie is trying desperately to wiggle out of Momma's grasp and get out there to help!

I love this picture. Caught her just at the moment of realizing this *might* be pretty awesome after all.

MOM! Dat sing was on FIRE! It BLOWED UP! ON FIRE! THAT WAS THE SUPER COOL AWESOMEST OF ALL! FIRE, MOM! FIRE!!! Can we do anudder one? WIGHT NOW????

My daughter is an excellent screamer. She's perfect on rollercoasters...and apparently fireworks shows too!

The party didn't even start until bedtime. Poor thing kept finding places to sit still in between explosions. 


Uncle the Firework MC. 

Stop Taking Pictures Of Me Mother

I realize I never make it on to my very own blog. Going to see if I can throw one of myself in there on occasion.   :)

I was so busy taking pictures of the kids, I barely took any of the show itself. 




Getting ready for sparkers. She was so nervous about the concept of holding fire she had to do her first few from the comfort of Mommy's arms.

Pretty sure it was a bit too scary for him! He only did one. He said he loved it....but he didn't ask to do another. 





Time for another popsicle!




Throwing poppers. Tons of fun!


Stomping on the ones that didn't go off.

More poppers.

She took a long break from the sparklers, and then announced to me she wanted to do them again until it wasn't scary anymore. 

Love the body language. Could she get any further from that flame???



Hey, this IS fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment