Sunday, February 26, 2012

Bossy Bossy Miss

So, most of the time I use the blog to brag on the kids, or share funny stories, and tell you all how well they're doing. Which they are, of course.  :D  But, let's not forget that they are just 4 and 3 and still have a lot of growing to do. One of the big things Rebecca and I have been working on recently is her tendency to be a tad bossy. And by "a tad", I really mean Insufferably Bossy. 

She really doesn't want to be bossy. And she's truly horrified when she realizes she has been. The problem is, most of the time she is blissfully unaware that she's being bossy at all! 

Example: The kids are playing in the living room while we have a quiet day at home. 

Rebecca: Caiden, want to play Indians?

Caiden: Sure. 

Rebecca: Great! In Indian lands, the girls are In Charge and Make All The Rules and the boys just do what they are said to and Bring Stuff and Follow Along and Listen to Girls.

Caiden: I don't wanna play anymore. 

Rebecca: Well, you already said yes. And that makes me Indian Queen and you can't say no unless I say so.

Caiden walks off

Rebecca: Hey! Mom, where's he going?

No comments:

Post a Comment