So I know I've told some (but not all) of you about the amazing ways Rebecca has grown up and matured in the last few months....but I think this is the perfect illustration:
This morning I woke up at 10:00. Yes, you read that right: 10:00 in the morning!
I came out to the living room to find the kids perfectly fine, happy and fed! So of course I asked "What on Earth just happened here???"
Rebecca says, "Good morning Mommy! I talked to my brother because you have not been sleeping so much and we decided to Take Care of Ourselves!"
She says they got up at 7, which she knew because she read it on the clock on the stove while she was getting bananas. She proceeded to dispense saltines, bananas, apple juice and TV shows to herself and her brother for "as long as I needed to sleep".
Yeah, there are saltines sprinkled liberally to all four corners of the house & my children have been watching TV for three hours straight, but I am SO PROUD!
Maybe it has something to do with being well-rested for the first time in I don't know how long. :D
Your daughter is AMAZING!! :)
ReplyDelete