Friday, September 23, 2011

Welcome!

Hello everyone and welcome to our new blog!  We are in the last few days of packing, visiting friends and family, and preparing for our big flight. 

We take off on Tuesday, September 27th on Southwest Airlines at 6:25am from Providence, Rhode Island.  From there we will layover in Chicago without switching planes, then layover in Oakland, CA where we *will* switch planes...(don't worry though, we have well over an hour to make it to the next gate!) before finally landing in Portland into the waiting arms and car of Auntie Monster at 1:15 Oregon time, which will feel like 4:15 to us.  So far I have whittled down the massive pile of toys/books/games/stuffed animals coming ON the plane to a few small bags.

We have a *huge* agenda of awesome orientation-to-our-new-home activities planned for the first week, contingent on how we are handling jet lag, of course!  Auntie tells us there are 10 parks to explore, free library cards to sign up for, setting up a new bank account, most important are the cousins to get acquainted with, Boone the dog and Bo the cat to fall in love with, playdates and birthday parties with all of Jack's friends, and going to Mommy's new work, which also happens to be a farm complete with many animals, two new best friends, and we hear rumors of a tractor!

I am sending you all this link to the blog, which you can save as a "bookmark" or "favorites" on your computer, then click there to see what we are up to whenever you want.  If it's easier for you, you can also fill in your email address on the blog's right hand side and you will receive an email every time I post something new.  

I have *every* intention in the world of posting regularly and in depth.....but we all know how crazy life can get with little ones and a whole new life to get up and running, so just shoot me off an email if it's been too long and I promise I'll get on and give you an update. I do guarantee a post in the first few days with all our wonderful traveling pictures as we cross the country....the kids are Super Excited!

Catch you on the flip side!!!




1 comment:

  1. Wait, Oakland that is 10min away from us?? Stop by!!

    Marina

    ReplyDelete