Thursday, September 5, 2013

Mean Mean Mean Old Mommy

So we have this THING. The "get food after lights out" THING. It is one of those parenting things that literally makes me want to bash my head against the wall on a nightly basis. And I know I'm not alone. In fact, I have yet to meet another Mom who doesn't find it equally annoying / frustrating / gouge-your-own-eyeballs-out-inducing. Which is why I instituted a pre-bedtime snack. This way I know they're fed, and they know I know. No Snacks After Lights Out. 

Tonight, I'm laughing. It might be un-motherly of me, but I'm literally rolling around on the floor on the inside with this child's antics. It feels much better than bashing your head against the wall, let me tell you! In her defense, coming off two week's vacation with Dad (and extended family!), starting full-day school, and getting back on "school year" routine instead of summer routine at home is a lot to process for a 6-year-old! She's feeling feisty. :D

Since 4:30 my daughter has consumed:

1 entire chicken breast
ALL the chicken's skin
1 entire tomato
1 bowl of yogurt
2 bowls of applesauce
1 bowl of pretzels

This kid's not starving. So.....No Snacks After Lights Out!

Which is why I'm being serenaded by the following song....while trying to keep my face composed....and focus on the program I *have* to have written by morning...

It makes me sad!
Nobody loves me!
Just my Dad!
He's a little bit bossy. 
But it's not so fair that Mommy gets mad. 
She's kind of mean to me.
But Dad's not so bad. 
Nobody loves me!
But I love my Dad!
People can die of no food. 
Maybe I'll die. 
Then Mom will be mad!
It's not so fair when Mommy always get to stay up later. 
It's not fair because we always go to sleep with no food. 
It's not fair because nobody likes me. 
But I love my Dad!
They stink over here!
I'm never going to give snuggles to Mom until I get fed!
Because she's making me sad!
But I love my Dad!

Oh. My. Goodness. But did anyone else notice the rhyming? There's some pretty good rhythm going on here! 

My baby's so smart. 

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment